USEFUL HARFORD COUNTY HISTORY BOOKS
The Chemical Warfare Community, Edgewood Arsenal,
Md., Vol. I, Number 5, 159 pages, March 1919.
- The Harford County Directory, State Directories
Publishing Company, (432 pages with illustrations), 1953.
- Beims, C.R. and Tolbert, C.P., A Journey Through Berkley, Maryland,
Gateway Press, Inc., Baltimore, MD, (174 pages, several hundred
references, an index, and roughly a hundred
photographs, drawing and maps), 2003. Buy this book!
- Jay, P.A., Havre de Grace, an Informal History,
Susquehanna Publishing Company, (194 pages
with illustrations), 1986.
- Jones, E.C., Sr., Recollections . . . , Fairmont,
West Virginia, (161 pages with illustrations), 1936.
- Jones, F.C., The Village of Darlington in Harford County,
Maryland, Darlington, MD, (42 pages with illustrations), 1947.
- Larew, M., Bel Air, The Town Through its Buildings,
The Town of Bel Air and the Maryland Historical Trust, (151 pages and
illustrations, maps, and plans), 1980.
- Leslie, W.B., Aberdeen Proving Ground, Harford County,
Maryland, Colonial Days, 18 Pages,
- Mason, S., Historical Sketches of Harford County,
Maryland, Second Edition, Little Pines Farm, (177 pages with
- Mitchell, C.D., Historical and Industrial Edition,
1856-1920, The Aegis Magazine Edition,
Bel Air, Maryland, 102 pages, 1920.
- Morgan, R. H., Jr., Harford County Wills, 1774-1800, Harford County, Maryland,
Family Line Publications, Silver Spring, MD, 160 pages, 1990.
- Preston, W.W., Historical
Sketches of Harford County, Maryland, from 1608 to 1812, Press of Sun Book
Office, Baltimore, Maryland, (360 pages and photos), 1901.
- Weeks, C., An Architectural History of
Harford County, Maryland, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore,
Maryland, (385 pages with several hundred photographs) , 1996.
- Wilson, R.B., Robinson, D.C., and Morris, D.B.,
The River and the Ridge,
300 years of Local History,
Peach Bottom Township and Delta, Pennsylvania;
Cardiff and Whiteford, Maryland, Gateway Press, Inc., Baltimore, MD,
(369 pages, over 100 references, an index, and roughly 150 photos & maps,
four in color), 2003. Buy this book!
- Wright, C.M., Our
Harford Heritage, a History of Harford County, Maryland, French-Bray
Printing Company, Glen Burnie, Maryland, (462 pages with photographs and maps),
Most of these books are not in print, but they are
available for examination, but not borrowing, at the Library of the Historical Society of
Harford County, Inc.
For more information, return to the Historical Society of Harford