HISTORICAL SOCIETY of HARFORD COUNTY, Inc.
PHOTOGRAPHS OF
EDGEWOOD


Otter Point across Otter Point Creek. Photograph taken from Flying Point Park,
Edgewood, MD
, Photographed in 2005.


Old Post Office, Edgewood, MD
Demolished in September 2008 to make way for new train station, Photographed in 2005.


Edgewood Area Theater


The Fort Hoyle Armory after it was converted to a recreation hall at Edgewood
Arsenal. Fort Hoyle was created from a large section of Edgewood Arsenal in 1922.
It was used by horse-mounted field artillery. Fort Hoyle was closed in 1940, but
this building and several other of the Fort Hoyle buildings remain.
(Smart, J.K., Fort Hoyle: A Short History of the Field Artillery's Post on Gunpowder Neck, APG, MD)
Photographed around 1944, during WWII.


Staff Officer's Quarters along the Gunpowder River, Edgewood Arsenal
Photographed around 1944, during WWII.


Commanding Officer's Quarters, Edgewood Arsenal

Photographed around 1944, during WWII.


Lakeside Restaurant, torn down to widen Route 40 and Magnolia Road

Photographed by Charles D. Holland, probably around 1955.


Lakeside Cottages and the lake

Photographed by Charles D. Holland, probably around 1955.

Return to Harford County Photographs

RETURN TO HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF HARFORD COUNTY